List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Fwd: The fluency of the KDE translations (swedish in particular)
From:       "Manuel Gaul" <flying_horse () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-06-28 17:37:29

--cut--
> - In German, "Du" has a capital, but only in a written letter !

Well, actually that ain't urgent. I can't tell since when but it has been
"allowed" to write either "du" or "Du" as you prefer. So German is starting
to get simpler. Although I hat we didn't kill ALL the capital letters of the
nouns (might be a bit off-topic).
To Stephan: Call me a "Besserwisser" now, please! ;)

To come back to the original subject of this discussion. Ain't it a bit
horrifying to get such comments by users (I guess Erik belongs to those and
not to the translation team, does he???)? Maybe we should "employ" some kind
of beta testers for our Desktop, not only ourselves. I think such feedback
like Erik's will help a lot if it comes right in time and not after billions
of users have installed it on their system - and kill it again cause they
dislike it. We don't have no monopoly position so we can afford it. And last
but not least we are no commercial company - we wanna make something useable
for common people - for EVERYONE.
So let's discuss the hints Erik gave us!

Greets,
Manuel

--
<love>PORKANA, minä rakastan sinua</love>

--cut again--