List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: binary packages for jade?
From:       Tobias Burnus <burnus () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-06-10 20:42:20

Hi Stephan et al.,

> I would somehow go and convert all current SGML to the docbook
> DTD, so you can start learning it now. I haven't found very
> explicit documentation on how this differs from LinuxDoc, but
> this is something someone else has to find out, as I have no
> experience with actually using linuxdoc ;(
I think I will look into this, but I can't promise when and how much.

> But for the start, I would like to know from you if you can
> find binary packages for jade (http://www.jclark.com/jade/)
> as we will need it for sure. There are binaries for debian,
> but I have no idea if RPMs exist.
Well SuSE come with Jade, so I'm quite sure that also other Linuxes (RedHat or
so) come with Jade;

For SuSE see their FTP server;
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/6.1/suse/sgm1/

if you don't have SuSE 6.1 (SuSE 6.0 should also work) you should note the
following:
See http://www.suse.de/sdb/de/html/kukuk_regframe.html, sorry no english:
Glibc 2.0 based systems, where no loaded library are used which was created by
egcs have problems:
: error in loading shared libraries
: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info
Solution: Install the (empty) library from
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse_update/suse61/a1/regframe.rpm
and load it with 'export LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libregframe.so;'

You need the packages jade_dssl and sp

Tobias