List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    KDE-Developer's mini-HOWTO
From:       Thomas Diehl <th.diehl () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-05-18 11:00:32

Hi everybody,

On the developers´ list there was something posted that looks like
a very useful piece of work for translators as well. At least for
those still struggling with the intricacies of CVS, CVSUP,
compiling and so on. -- The introduction says:

---
To help develop KDE or a KDE application you need to know
how to (i) find KDE information and code, (ii) use CVS, and (iii)
compile. This document aims to help to you do these things without
losing too much hair.

This mini-HOWTO is geared toward new developers, occasional
developers, and anyone else who can't seem to get the HEAD branch to
work.  It addresses questions that I and others have been asking on
the kde-devel mailing list recently along with some more general
information.

You can find a current version of this document at
http://www.chaos.umd.edu/~dsweet/KDE/DevelMiniHOWTO.txt

To contribute, comment, or correct, please email me
(dsweet@chaos.umd.edu)
---

Unfortunately, the given link does not work for me yet. But you can
still see the text of the Mini-Howto at
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=92699359421237&w=2.

I for one would like to have this on the KDE website somewhere. Maybe
Juraj or Matthias Elter could even link it from the i18n.html page
until the German team gets around with their Mini-Howtos for
translators...?

Kind regards,

Thomas