List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translation of Documentation
From:       Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2024-01-27 19:02:44

субота, 27 січня 2024 р. 20:10:05 EET Mincho Kondarev написано:
> Hi,
> I am translating some documentation files from
> l10n-kf5/templates/docmessages, creating the corresponding po file for my
> language in l10n-kf5/bg/docmessages local on my machine. But before
> committing them, I would like to make a preview as html file.
> I have read the instruction for translating of documentations and  I did not
> understand something, or the instructions are outdated.
> According to the manual those steps are necessary:
> 1. translate po file in docmessages for corresponding program
> 2. create the docbook files using -  po2xml english-XML translated-PO
> 3. make the screenshot for the localized version of the interface
>
> And the problems I encountered:
> i can not find the l10n-kf5/documentation/PACKAGE/doc/, instead I used the
> doc/ *.docbook from the package itself to create the translated docbook
> files. Then I use meinproc5 to generate the preview in html, but I can't
> complete that perhaps due to  missing entities. I suppose this is because
> I didn't  translated all of the docbooks.
> Is there an option to make html file from a single docbook file?
> When  I finish the translations and png files how to commit them? With po
> files I will use the svn as usually , but for docbook and png?
>
> With regards

Hi,

1. Actually, the docs recommend to use update_xml script from l10n-scripty
like this (just an example):

SCRIPTY_I18N_BRANCH=trunk_kf5 ./l10n-scripty/update_xml bg kalarm

And you are right. It can be done step by step with po2xml, but it's not the
optimal way.

2. Sure, the entities should be added/fixed beforehand. First you can add/test
them locally in

/usr/share/kf5/kdoctools/customization/bg

then fix them in the repo

https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kdoctools/-/tree/master/src/customization/
bg?ref_type=heads

Hope this helps.