List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Persian Translation
From:       Ali Moeini <aleomoeini () gmail ! com>
Date:       2024-01-14 13:58:30

On 1/10/24 01:35, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dimarts, 9 de gener de 2024, a les 11:49:00 (CET), Sohrab Behdani va
> escriure:
>> Hi i wanted to work on persian translation, it is inactive since kde 4 and
>> the mailing list and the email address listed there is not answering.
> Please join this mailing list, otherwise we have to manually moderate your
> emails and it's time consuming
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-i18n-doc
>
>> How can i contribute on it?
> Hello, you would have to be the "Team coordinator" (with a Team size of you
> until you can find more people to collaborate with).
>
> Our usual request is to ask to translate kcoreaddons, ki18n, kio and kxmlgui
> but those are already quite well translated.
>
> So we will ask you to translate some other big-ish file, do you have a
> particular interest? Plasma? Okular? KMail? Dolphin?
>
> Cheers,
>    Albert

I didn't receive any email on kde-i18n-fa@kde.org
it's archive and didn't see any new messages. I'm not sure if I'm
missing anything or not. It is true that the Persian localization work
has been stalled lately as I haven't had enough time and also some
unexpected technical issues came up with my laptop (my ssd decided not
to keep me company anymore). So if you are passionate about
contributing, you can start directly as it has been asked, kindly by
Albert and become the new coordinator. I also set up a repository at
https://codeberg.org/Alosra/kde-l10n-fa which I used to update with
recent changes from i18n svn repository
(https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf6/team/fa) but after the
incident with my laptop I haven't set the updating workflow yet.

If you want to take the role of Persian team coordinator I'll be happy
to answer any question that I can and provide any help that I'm capable
of. Otherwise I'm thinking of setting up the workflow again so if you
want you can visit there and start from there. I also have to add that
even when I have the translation workflow set up I'm quite slow at
translating so your help is immensely appreciated even if you do not
wish to become coordinator.

Best wishes, Ali