List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Suggestions for having status of teams and better on boarding for new contributors
From:       Frederico Goncalves Guimaraes <frederico () teia ! bio ! br>
Date:       2020-07-22 14:02:10

Hi Albert and others,

Em quarta-feira, 22 de julho de 2020, às 06:52:23 -03, Albert Astals Cid
escreveu:

> > - To promote KDE community as a whole and to show how anyone can
> > contribute
> > with it (show translation names on applications as a way of work
> > recognition, for example).
>
> We already do that, don't we?

Well, I guess this is our goal as community and a local reality in many teams.
But I don't know if it applies to everyone. And even where it works, maybe we
still have to make some fine tuning. For example, we (KDE Brasil) made a live
some days ago and our goal was to make an informal conversation between some
of us, each one talking about a favorite application. For us, it was ok and
clear, but I asked a Biologist, friend of mine, that was watching and she told
me that some parts were very technical and she lost her interest.

My point here is: are we communicating correctly or are we just speaking to
our own people? If non-technical people aren't understand us, we need to
calibrate our speech.

Best,

Frederico
--
Linux User #228171
Espaço digital: http://teia.bio.br

"Liberdade, essa palavra que o sonho humano alimenta, que não há ninguém que
explique e ninguém que não entenda." (Cecília Meireles)