List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Suggestions for having status of teams and better on boarding for new contributors
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2020-07-21 8:32:04

Vojtěch Zeisek ha scritto:
> Dne úterý 21. července 2020 10:21:32 CEST, Luigi Toscano napsal(a):
>> Personally speaking I'm still not sure that one of the proposed solutions
>> (periodic IRC meeting) is going to solve the problem. I'm less convinced by
>> the periodic ping. I would be willing to go with periodic IRC meetings
>> anyway, and "I'm not sure" doesn't mean we can't try out and revisit it
>> with data around. I know from other FLOSS communities that not everyone
>> shows up there, even when they are full active contributors. This is to say
>> the problem is a human one and there is no just one single solution that
>> will solve it.
>
> Most of us are very busy, so that I don't think this will work... Also, some
> people translate in batches, e.g. one free day in a month or so...

Do you mean using the IRC meetings as the only way to find out that a team is
active? Sure, but we can have them regardless, with a low cadence (every few
months) as a way for people to know for sure that we can talk, with public
logs for everyone to see, and if someone can join, the better.

While people knows that you can always discuss here, or on IRC, I personally
feel sometimes having a specific synchronous meeting time may help you focus a
bit more on that specific event (well, that's why meetings exist).

--
Luigi