List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: powerdevil.po, Power Off ,  Power Down  ,  Shut down  , Turn Off
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2020-02-08 23:58:07

El dissabte, 8 de febrer de 2020, a les 14:11:03 CET, Iņigo Salvador Azurmendi va \
escriure:
> Hello,
>

> There is this new  "Power Down" string to translate in   powerdevil.po  file.
>

> I find at least  4 strings in this file, "Power Off",  "Power Down",  "Shut down" \
> and  "Turn Off" that could be translated the same.
>
> Are they used as synonymous word?

Power Off and Power Down i'm 99% sure mean different things, and i think "Power Off" \
means switch off totalyl while "Power Down" is more like "what your phone does when \
you press the power button but only for a bit", i.e. go to that half sleep state. \
Aleix i think you introduced Power Down, could you comment?

About Turn off, it's only used for monitor/wifi/bluetooh

For Shut down i think it may actually want to mean the same as power off, it would \
make sense to contact the plasma list to see if they can get the terminology a bit \
straightened out.

Cheers,
  Albert