List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translating keyboard shortcut for =?UTF-8?B?4oCYU3BhY2XigJk=?=
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-11-27 22:18:01

El dijous, 7 de novembre de 2019, a les 23:11:11 CET, Alexander Potashev va escriure:
> сб, 9 янв. 2016 г. в 01:41, Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org>:
> >
> > El Friday 08 January 2016, a les 21:29:28, Karl Ove Hufthammer va escriure:
> > > In the KDE game Killbots it is possible to translate the various default
> > > keyboard shortcuts:
> > >
> > > https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=killbots.git&a=blob&f=README.translators&o=plain
> > >
> > > However, I can't manage to get the translation to use the keyboard
> > > shortcut ‘Space'. This is used for the ‘teleport safely' action. It's
> > > possible to translate the string, but the translation doesn't work. I
> > > have tried the following:
> > >
> > > – Using the English name ‘Space', like in the original string. – Using
> > > the translated name (‘Mellomrom' in the ‘nn' translation).
> > >
> > > Both cases result in the keyboard shortcut being listed as empty. So
> > > which string should I use to make the shortcut key be the space key?
> >
> > Works fine here, it's translated to "Espai" in Catalan and works fine.
> >
> > What is the text that appears if you go to killbots->settings->configure
> > shortcuts and try to set the space key for any shortcut?
>
> Hi Albert,
>
> I switched Killbots to Catalan language, and it displays "Space" if I
> choose the Space key as shortcut for an action.

I don't know what to say other than "it works for me"

https://i.imgur.com/EuhfetI.png

Are you sure you have the qt translations installed? In ArchLinux is the \
qt5-translations package, and without it indeed the text shows as Space instead of as \
Espai.

Cheers,
  Albert