List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: How long does it take for translations to be used after commiting them?
From:       Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2019-08-03 13:02:17

субота, 3 серпня 2019 р. 14:41:19 EEST Mthw Mthw написано:
> Na sobota 3. augusta 2019 12:01:19 CEST Yuri Chornoivan napísali:
>
> > субота, 3 серпня 2019 р. 12:51:27 EEST Mthw Mthw написано:
> >
> > > Greetings,
> > > Yesterday I updated my system to KDE applications 19.07.90 and I
> > > noticed
> > > that changes I made to the translations (in Trunk) a while ago weren't
> > > present in those apps. Will those changes be present in 19.08.0? Can I
> > > ask
> > > why, or how exactly does it work? Also if someone could send me a link
> > > where this is explained I would appreciate it.
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > There can be many reasons for that. You should be more specific to
> > investigate why Slovak (sk) translations are not used.
> >
> > 1. After rebranding and fracturing KDE we have at least 3 main
> > independent
> > sources of the translations: Frameworks, Plasma and Applications. It may
> > happen that Applications and Plasma work on the old untranslated
> > Frameworks.

> > 2. Some packagers spare their time not packaging translations for betas.
> >
> > 3. It may happen that there is a bug in the application and we should fix
> > it
 asap to make it translatable for 19.08.

> > Thanks in advance for your answer and clarifications.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Yuri
>

> To be more specific:
> I made a commit (https://phabricator.kde.org/R883:1547122) July 20th 14.00
> CEST that changes a string in "trunk/l10n-kf5/sk/messages/kdegraphics/
> kruler.po". This change didn't make it into version 19.08 RC, why? Will it
> be included in 19.08.0 ?

Sure. If you copy it into the stable branch.

Luigi synced (copied into the stable branch) your translations in the evening
of July 15. It was up to you to keep the translations in sync since then.

Please clone the stable repo:

svn co svn+ssh://svn@svn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/stable/l10n-kf5/sk

and sync the Applications translations. It is enough to copy over the whole /
messages then commit.

As it is planned [1], Applications 19.08 will be tagged August 8. So if you
sync the translations they will be included in the final version.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri

[1] https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Applications/19.08_Release_Schedule