List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: How long does it take for translations to be used after commiting them?
From:       Mthw Mthw <jari_45 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2019-08-03 11:41:19

Na sobota 3. augusta 2019 12:01:19 CEST Yuri Chornoivan napísali:
> субота, 3 серпня 2019 р. 12:51:27 EEST Mthw Mthw написано:
> > Greetings,
> > Yesterday I updated my system to KDE applications 19.07.90 and I noticed
> > that changes I made to the translations (in Trunk) a while ago weren't
> > present in those apps. Will those changes be present in 19.08.0? Can I ask
> > why, or how exactly does it work? Also if someone could send me a link to
> > where this is explained I would appreciate it.
>
> Hi,
>
> There can be many reasons for that. You should be more specific to
> investigate why Slovak (sk) translations are not used.
>
> 1. After rebranding and fracturing KDE we have at least 3 main independent
> sources of the translations: Frameworks, Plasma and Applications. It may
> happen that Applications and Plasma work on the old untranslated Frameworks.
>
> 2. Some packagers spare their time not packaging translations for betas.
>
> 3. It may happen that there is a bug in the application and we should fix it
> asap to make it translatable for 19.08.
>
> Thanks in advance for your answer and clarifications.
>
> Best regards,
> Yuri

To be more specific:
I made a commit (https://phabricator.kde.org/R883:1547122) July 20th 14.00
CEST that changes a string in "trunk/l10n-kf5/sk/messages/kdegraphics/
kruler.po". This change didn't make it into version 19.08 RC, why? Will it be
included in 19.08.0 ?

> 2. Some packagers spare their time not packaging translations for betas.

This would cause the entire translation to be missing, right? (Which is not
the case)

> 3. It may happen that there is a bug in the application and we should fix it
> asap to make it translatable for 19.08.

It was already translated, only there was a typo.