List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Use Pontoon for l10n
From:       Subin Siby <subins2000 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-03-19 8:16:30

I tried Pontoon, it has SVN support (haven't tried the syncing part) but it
is very closed to Mozilla. AFAIK Pontoon isn't used by any others than
Mozilla. The login is through the Mozilla cloud account too. Customizing it
to KDE's needs would also be difficult. I contacted the Pontoon devs, they
would like to make Pontoon independent too but hasn't worked on it.
Importing translations was also heavy as it required a lot of RAM.

Pootle on the other hand is simpler to configure and set up. It's also
customizable to our needs. I think the SVN integration can be done in some
way. I liked it so far. Need to look more into Pootle.

I haven't checked out Weblate. Will look into it.

--
Subin