List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Remember to translate Qt
From:       Freek de Kruijf <freekdekruijf () kde ! nl>
Date:       2019-02-20 12:10:08

Op dinsdag 19 februari 2019 20:18:47 CET schreef Albert Astals Cid:
> El dimarts, 19 de febrer de 2019, a les 15:05:28 CET, Freek de Kruijf va
escriure:

> > > 1) (this is trivial, but maybe...) did you install the distribution
> > > package
> > > which contains the Qt translations?
> >
> > What is the name of that package? I assumed it will be installed by
> > default
> > when available.
> >
> > > 2) when you translated it, did you make sure to regenerate the
> > > templates?
> > > Otherwise your translations may be focused on older strings and miss
> > > some
> > > new ones. The Qt translation system has a more complex workflow and few
> > > more critical points than ours.
> >
> > I copy the templates from the server, convert them to .pot files and merge
> > these with current .po files. After finishing translating a .po file I
> > make a tar file ts_nl.tar and send this file to someone at qt.io.
>
> This has been defenitely not working, who are you sending the files to?
>
> Why are you using .po files? (Qt doesn't use po files) Or that was more a
> way of saying "translation files"?

I use .po files to be able to use Translation Memory from KDE using lokalize.
This route has been discussed with two persons, one who requested translations
for Qt and Erik Verbruggen with an address ...@qt.io, so I assume familiar
with Qt. I learned gerrit is used for adding translations (to a git
repository?). These .po files are converted back into the .ts format used by
Qt.

I asked Erik why my translations are not in the tar file used to generate the
package for the openSUSE Tumbleweed distribution. Did not receive an answer
yet.

--
fr.gr.

vertaler van KDE