List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Remember to translate Qt
From:       Freek de Kruijf <freekdekruijf () kde ! nl>
Date:       2019-02-19 14:05:28

Op dinsdag 19 februari 2019 11:22:05 CET schreef Luigi Toscano:
> Freek de Kruijf ha scritto:
> > Op maandag 18 februari 2019 20:17:19 CET schreef Albert Astals Cid:
> >> Qt translations are used when running KDE software.
> >>
> >> Example.
> >>
> >> Right click on Plasma 5.15 search bar https://i.imgur.com/BTprff1.png
> >>
> >> It uses the qtquickcontrols translation that seems to be only translated
> >> 8 languages.
> >>
> >> So please make sure you translate qt files :)
> >>
> >> https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Localization
> >>
> >> Don't hesitate to ask me if you need help.
> >
> > I did translate part of qt into Dutch (nl), at least qtquickcontrols is
> > fully translated, however it does not show up in KDE.
> > Is it required to have all of qt translated?
>
> 1) (this is trivial, but maybe...) did you install the distribution package
> which contains the Qt translations?

What is the name of that package? I assumed it will be installed by default
when available.

> 2) when you translated it, did you make sure to regenerate the templates?
> Otherwise your translations may be focused on older strings and miss some
> new ones. The Qt translation system has a more complex workflow and few
> more critical points than ours.

I copy the templates from the server, convert them to .pot files and merge
these with current .po files. After finishing translating a .po file I make a
tar file ts_nl.tar and send this file to someone at qt.io.

--
fr.gr.

vertaler van KDE