List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Remember to translate Qt
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2019-02-19 10:22:05

Freek de Kruijf ha scritto:
> Op maandag 18 februari 2019 20:17:19 CET schreef Albert Astals Cid:
>> Qt translations are used when running KDE software.
>>
>> Example.
>>
>> Right click on Plasma 5.15 search bar https://i.imgur.com/BTprff1.png
>>
>> It uses the qtquickcontrols translation that seems to be only translated to
>> 8 languages.
>>
>> So please make sure you translate qt files :)
>>
>> https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Localization
>>
>> Don't hesitate to ask me if you need help.
>>

> I did translate part of qt into Dutch (nl), at least qtquickcontrols is fully
> translated, however it does not show up in KDE.
> Is it required to have all of qt translated?

1) (this is trivial, but maybe...) did you install the distribution package
which contains the Qt translations?
2) when you translated it, did you make sure to regenerate the templates?
Otherwise your translations may be focused on older strings and miss some new
ones. The Qt translation system has a more complex workflow and few more
critical points than ours.

Ciao
--
Luigi