List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translation files for QtCurve not being packaged
From:       Pino Toscano <pino () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-01-06 12:23:30

In data domenica 6 gennaio 2019 13:03:48 CET, Karl Ove Hufthammer ha scritto:
> I noticed that the widget style QtCurve doesn't include any translations
> in my distro (openSUSE Tumbleweed), even though there is a (large, 788
> strings) translation file in SVN (extragear-base in both stable-kf5 and
> trunk-kf5).

They are shipped in the release tarballs:
https://download.kde.org/stable/qtcurve/

> It turns  out that the QtCurve release files
> (https://github.com/KDE/qtcurve/releases) don't actually contain any of
> the translation files people have been creating.

They are not releases, they are just autogenerated tarballs from the
git tags. Do not use them as the primary source of releases, just like
happens with Applications, Plasma, extragear, etc.

> So the distros don't have any translations to package.

The Debian packaging of qtcurve now uses the release tarballs, so it
has translations.

> Can someone please fix this?

Report a bug to openSUSE, asking them to use only release tarballs
instead of tracking git tags.

--
Pino Toscano