List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: distro-release-notifer translations
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2018-05-29 14:30:04

Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:
> On 29 May 2018 at 13:15, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano@tiscali.it> wrote:
>> Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:
>>>
>>> Could I get translations set up for distro-release-notifier which is a
>>> new repo in playground/base ?
>>
>> On a related note: looking at the code it looks more
>> ubuntu-release-notifier. Are there plans to make it more generic, starting
>> from the strings? Otherwise I would vote for a rename.
>
> My use case is for KDE neon so feels a bit wrong to use a trademarked
> name of another project.  Kubuntu have packaged it too today.  I'd
> rather not rename but don't have strong opinions.

Does it mean that there are no plans to make it more general for other
distributions, or at least not prevent people doing so?

If it's possible that this program could be generalized, at least the Ubuntu
reference should be changed or removed from the program description in main.cpp.

If not, I'd personally still advocate for a name change.

Ciao
--
Luigi