List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    KBibTeX 0.8 to be release, please check translations
From:       Thomas Fischer <fischer () unix-ag ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2018-05-02 20:02:22

Hello,

I am the author of KBibTeX, a bibliography software to edit BibTeX or
BibLaTeX files. KBibTeX is almost 15 years old and now comes the time
for release 0.8 which will be the first stable release based on KDE
Frameworks 5 (so it is long overdue).

The code for this upcoming release is in branch 'kbibtex/0.8' in KBibTeX
Git repo:
https://phabricator.kde.org/source/kbibtex/browse/kbibtex%252F0.8/
https://cgit.kde.org/kbibtex.git?h=kbibtex%2F0.8

I am writing to this mailinglist as it has been recommended to contact
translators well in advance to check and update the translations in their
respective languages.
https://community.kde.org/ReleasingSoftware#Freezing

No release (candidate) has been tagged yet, but I am aiming for a
Release Candidate in mid-May and, unless problems occur, a stable
release towards the end of May.

As the body of i18n strings in KBibTeX has been very stable in recent
years, I assume/hope updating the translations won't take much time.
In case you won't be able to update your translations within my proposed
release time frame, you may tag along once I make a bugfix release 0.8.1
later this year (based on need/demand and my available time).

Looking forward to include as many languages as possible with this
release! Also, thank you very much for your work!

Bye,
Thomas Fischer
Maintainer of KBibTeX
https://userbase.kde.org/KBibTeX