List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translations on other platforms?
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2017-09-02 10:15:55

El dissabte, 2 de setembre de 2017, a les 12:32:58 CEST, Jasem Mutlaq va
escriure:
> Hello,
>
> How is it suppose to just work? I have many folks complaining it is
> English-only in different OS locales on both Windows & MacOS (built using
> Craft). How is it even supported on Android?

This is starting to drift into what i personally would consider material for
the frameworks-devel list and not the translators list.

If you're using ki18n, it works the same way in Linux that in other OS, we get
the user locale, we find the .mo and use gettext to translate and return it
translated to you.

Obviously you have to ship the .mo in a place that is findable, and given
those OS have less users/developers there may be some bugs in the stack, but i
don't see any fundamental design flaw, you can find icons and other data
files, so .mo files shouldn't be an exception.

Cheers,
  Albert