List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: LTS and translation and branch
From:       Martin Schlander <martin.schlander () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-10-19 18:25:16

Tirsdag den 18. oktober 2016 08:32:35 skrev Weng Xuetian:
> Right now we only have two branch stable / trunk for translation. With this
> new LTS, is there anything gonna change?

Iirc there was a discussion at one point. And the conclusion was not to create
a separate translation branch for it with all the extra troubles that
involves.

That still leaves you another three months or thereabouts to complete 5.8
translations.

I personally agree with the decision. You have plenty of time to complete
translations and we have enough branches already and svn repositories to keep
track of as it is. My only slight concern is developers breaking string freeze
with their patches after 5.8 has become "untranslatable".