List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kde-i18n-doc Digest, Vol 160, Issue 23
From:       "Wantoyo ." <wantoyek () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-07-21 23:32:08

> I must be a coordinator ?!
> What should I do and what my responsibilities for later if I became a
> coordinator?

>You coordinate the translations into the Indonesian language. If you are
the
>only one it is easy. If there are more translators you divide the work
among
>yourself and the others, so nobody works on the same .po file. You collect
the
>newly (partly) translated files and commit the files in the svn repository.

>So you need have commit rights on that repository. For that you need to
have a
>key pair in .ssh without a passphrase. You need an account on kde.org. Same
>that you use to enter a bug report. Because access to techbase.kde.org is
>currently not possible I cant find the website on which you can enter the
>public key with your account. After that you need to ask for commit rights
on
>svn.kde.org <http://svn.kde.org> for the Indonesian language.

At this point, until now I have not been able to get an account for
kde.org. I've
contacted nicolas.ternisien@gmail.com (hopefully I'm not wrong those) for
that problem.

>Obviously you need the package subversion and related packages installed on
>your system.

>On your disk you need to setup a hierarchy of folders. I have kde4branch,
>kde4trunk, kf5branch and kf5trunk.
>In each of these folders you need to give commands like:
>cd ..../kde4trunk
>svn checkout svn+ssh://svn@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n-kde4/id
>svn checkout svn+ssh://svn@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n-kde4/templates
>svn checkout svn+ssh://svn@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n-kde4/scripts
>svn checkout svn+ssh://svn@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n-support/pology

I tried running the command, but there are barriers the following:
$ svn checkout svn+ssh://svn@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n-kde4/id
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'svn+ssh://
svn@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n-kde4/id'
svn: E210002: To better debug SSH connection problems, remove the -q option
from 'ssh' in the [tunnels] section of your Subversion configuration file.
svn: E210002: Network connection closed unexpectedly

>These commands create subfolders: id, templates, scripts, and pology.
>In id, in a lower folder, you will find your .po files.
>In templates you will find the .pot files.
>In scripts the most important script is update_xml which generates the
>docbooks in id/docs/....
>This script needs the package git to be installed and some other packages.
>In pology you can find ./bin/posieve to check the .po files in docmessages
and
>messages for errors.

>All the files you got with the above checkout are subject to changes on a
>daily basis.

>You need to update all these files using the command:
>cd ....kde4trunk
>svn update id templates scripts pology
>The above "svn checkout" commands create a folder ~/.subversion with files
>that contains parameters needed by the above "svn up" command.
>After a days work by you or your coworkers updated versions of .po files
are
>in your id folder.
>You commit these updates in the folder id using the command:
>svn -m "some comment" commit id
>"some commend" can be anything, I use it to give honor to the translator.
So
>something like "updated by translator_name".

>During an update you may get a message about a conflict. I leave it you to
>figure out what to do.

> Be happy if I could I was willing to be the coordinator of the Indonesian.
>
> Wantoyo

Hope this gives you enough to start, otherwise ask.

--
>fr.gr <http://fr.gr>.

>Freek de Kruijf

Thank you for your answer. Very useful for me.

Regards

Wantoyo