List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Beginner tutorials ported to KF5: questions and finishing touches
From:       Juan Carlos Torres <jucato () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2016-01-18 13:49:32

On Sunday, January 17, 2016 09:49:56 AM Andreas Cord-Landwehr wrote:
> On Saturday, January 16, 2016 6:41:21 PM CET Juan Carlos Torres wrote:
> [...]
>
> > That said, I'm not 100% sure about the accuracy of my ported code, so more
> > eyes are much appreciated. The KIO part (saving and loading files) was
> > particularly tricky as there wasn't a 1:1 equivalent. And KIO and Jobs are
> > still alien to me. The original tutorial also didn't seem to actually save
> > to remote paths, only load from them. Likewise, I didn't either. Feature
> > parity!
>
> Hey Juan, great work! Regarding getting a better overview of what is already
> ported/updated for KF5/Qt5 and what is left to be reviewed (i.e. to be
> checked for remaining porting problems), what do you think about creating a
> Phabricator project that can be used to track the progress of all techbase
> tutorial?
>
> Having that to coordinate the effort, I think it will be easier for others
> to just pick a tutorial for update/reviewing.

I'm not that familiar with Phabricator (yet). I'm barely familiar with
Reviewboard and our other tools aside form Git. If anyone who does know can
get that started, it would be great!

> A second thought on a different minor: I would not use a warning to say that
> at tutorial is aimed for KF5/Qt5 instead of KDE4, but a rather neutral info
> box. Maybe we can even create a small macro to provide such version
> relationships, which then gives such information in a more uniform look.

Oops, my bad. I simply copied over the template, forgetting that it might send
the wrong impression. I changed all those from the Attention template to Tip.

--
Regards,

Juan Carlos Torres
Jucato