List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: rkward__pages.po to docmessages
From:       Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier () ruhr-uni-bochum ! de>
Date:       2014-12-20 19:15:22

Hi!

On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 18:55:22 +0100
=C5=81ukasz Wojni=C5=82owicz <lukasz.wojnilowicz@gmail.com> wrote:
> rkward__pages.po contains solely documentation translatable units and
> is now in "messages" directory, shouldn't it be put in "docmessages"
> directory to be correct with KDE translation system?

I think(!) it really belongs in messages, because:
- These messages do not come from a docbook, and will not be assembled
  into a docbook.
- They will compiled "the regular way" and RKWard will load this
  catalog, like any other message catalog. The messages are really
  resolved at runtime.

As background: Why isn't it a docbook, then?
- To be able to resolve the labels for certain links, dynamically.
- For consistency with other parts of the documentation that are even
  more dynamic, and more fragmented, making docbook unsuitable.

Regards
Thomas