List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translation of application.desktop files
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2014-11-16 20:29:40

> [: Harald Sitter :]
> random comment of the day: how about doing desktop file validation as part
> of CI and/or EBN to make sure both original and translations are ok?

That makes sense, and it would be nice if someone writes it.

But it also makes sense to duplicate the check on the side of translations.
The main reason is reducing translators' awarness requirement, by having a
single, direct tool (working on PO files as opposed to something derived
down the chain) to validate translations.

So I treat these two approaches as independent and complementary.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)