List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: GCompris on its way to a public release
From:       Burkhard =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2014-11-11 5:33:17

Am Montag, 10. November 2014, 21:35:26 schrieb Bruno Coudoin:
> Le 26/09/2014 19:29, Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
> > El Divendres, 26 de setembre de 2014, a les 01:58:17, Bruno Coudoin va
> >
> > escriure:

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Sorry, back on the list.
> >>
> >> I had a look to the document but I wonder if this is applicable to
> >> projects that are in git-next like GCompris is?
> >
> > I thought git-next was dead.
> >
> > 99.99% of it applies. But we get the master list of repositories to work
> > with from projects.kde.org, since you're using a weird experiment, you
> > won't be listed there so you'll have to be injected into the list
> > manually, the rest applies.
>
> Hi,
>
> Sorry it took me so long but I finally managed to create a Messages.sh
> for GCompris.
>
> The repository is there:
> https://git-next.kde.org/kde/gcompris
>
> It contains the Messages.sh. I tested and it properly creates a
> po/gcompris_qt.pot.
>
> In the repository there is also a translations directory that contains
> some .ts files for which we imported the translations from the Gtk+
> version. It is easy to convert these files to .po with something like
> 'lconvert -i gcompris_fr.ts -o gcompris_fr.po'. Let me know if this is
> useful and you miss a language, I have not converted all of them.
>
> We still have not rewritten the strings to adapt them to the new Qt
> version so it is not yet time to start the translation. The goal is is
> to setup the translation process chain.
>
> Can somebody tell us if our Messages.sh is correct?

Your Messages.sh extracts 583 messages

I have used this Messages.sh:
$EXTRACT_TR_STRINGS `find . -name \*.js -o -name \*.qml` -o
$podir/gcompris_qt.pot

~/src/GCompris-qt$ mkdir po
~/src/GCompris-qt$ enpodir=po pathto/l10n-kf5/scripts/extract-messages.sh

generates a gcompris_qt.pot with 882 messages

Your gcompris_qt.pot has no messages from tools/menus/ and no msgctxt expected
by Qt afaik

~/src/GCompris-qt$ lupdate . -ts po/gcompris_qt.ts generates a ts with 881
messages and the same msgctxt as my gcompris_qt.pot for each message.

Therefore I think your Messages.sh is wrong, but I can't build GCompris here
to verify that.

Thanks
--
Burkhard Lück