List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: GCompris on its way to a public release
From:       Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin () gcompris ! net>
Date:       2014-11-10 20:35:26

Le 26/09/2014 19:29, Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
> El Divendres, 26 de setembre de 2014, a les 01:58:17, Bruno Coudoin va
> escriure:
>> Le 24/09/2014 23:47, Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
>>> El Dimecres, 24 de setembre de 2014, a les 23:35:21, vau escriure:
>>> https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization/i18n_Build_Sys
>>> tems
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>>     Albert
>>>
>>> P.S: Please don't drop the list in any followup discussion
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sorry, back on the list.
>>
>> I had a look to the document but I wonder if this is applicable to
>> projects that are in git-next like GCompris is?
> I thought git-next was dead.
>
> 99.99% of it applies. But we get the master list of repositories to work with
> from projects.kde.org, since you're using a weird experiment, you won't be
> listed there so you'll have to be injected into the list manually, the rest
> applies.

Hi,

Sorry it took me so long but I finally managed to create a Messages.sh
for GCompris.

The repository is there:
https://git-next.kde.org/kde/gcompris

It contains the Messages.sh. I tested and it properly creates a
po/gcompris_qt.pot.

In the repository there is also a translations directory that contains
some .ts files for which we imported the translations from the Gtk+
version. It is easy to convert these files to .po with something like
'lconvert -i gcompris_fr.ts -o gcompris_fr.po'. Let me know if this is
useful and you miss a language, I have not converted all of them.

We still have not rewritten the strings to adapt them to the new Qt
version so it is not yet time to start the translation. The goal is is
to setup the translation process chain.

Can somebody tell us if our Messages.sh is correct?

Bruno.