List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translating documentation partially
From:       Łukasz Wojniłowicz <lukasz.wojnilowicz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-11-10 11:44:40

Dnia poniedziałek, 10 listopada 2014 12:00:12 Freek de Kruijf pisze:
> Op maandag 10 november 2014 11:35:51 schreef Yuri Chornoivan:
> > написане Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:31:45 +0200, Łukasz Wojniłowicz
> >
> > <lukasz.wojnilowicz@gmail.com>:
> > > Command "update_xml pl extragear-office kile" gives me:
> > >
> > > =============================================
> > > po2xml documentation/extragear-office/kile/usermenu.docbook
> > > pl/docmessages/extragear-office/kile_usermenu.po
> > > pl/docmessages/extragear-office/kile_scripting.po: 2 translated
> > > messages, 451
> > > untranslated messages.
>
> There is a test in update_xml to check if a module is completely translated,
> otherwise it will not be generated. When you remove this test all will be
> generated and what is not translated will be in English. So you will have
> partly translated documents.
>
> I do it all the time, although the test I use is that it needs a certain
> percentage to be translated. The percentage is a parameter on the command
> line. Either you can have my version by e-mail, or if the list allows me I
> can put the shell script in the scripts folder and commit it there, it
> contains some Dutch, but I can change that in English.
>
> I also have a special entry "&ged.vertaald;", an entity, in the
> ROLES_OF_TRANSLATORS which puts a few lines in the documentation to invite
> people to participate in the translation. The script warns when the module
> is partly translated and it does not exist or when it is completely
> translated that it should be removed. However some modules do not have a
> ROLES_OF_TRANSLATORS, so the check can't be done. Obviously you need to
> define the entity &ged.vertaald;, Dutch for partly translated, or your own
> definition, in the file user.entities in the proper location for your
> language.

Freek I would be thankful to have your script by e-mail
(lukasz.wojnilowicz@gmail.com). I am only interested in getting documentation
partly translated by that script. I think it's good idea to get that
functionality into update_xml as another switch similar to "--nodelete" like
e.g. "--partly".

Regards,
ŁW