List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Qt5 translations reminder
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2014-09-14 19:17:07

Yuri Chornoivan ha scritto:
> написане Sat, 13 Sep 2014 01:33:01 +0300, Soenke Dibbern <s_dibbern@web.de>:
>
>> Op Fr., den 12. Sep.'14, hett Freek de Kruijf Klock 21.51 schreven:

>>> I read some of the documentation for translations for Qt. I have an account, I
>>> have my public key on the server, I subscribed to two e-mail distribution
>>> lists. However I am having trouble with configuring git. I use git for kdelibs
>>> and I have the feeling that recommended global setting for git for Qt
>>> interfere with the settings for kdelibs. I have a script to download the
>>> untranslated .ts files and to convert these into .pot files. So I can use
>>> lokalize with the TM from KDE to do translations and produce .po files. I
>>> found the command to transfer these files back into .ts files. Apparently I
>>> have to commit these translation files using git, but I have not figured out
>>> what to use in git clone and what to define for something like qt5: from where
>>> I can clone something. If someone can help with that I will be very grateful.
>>>

>> Hi Freek,
>>
>> looks like you are way ahaed of me on the way to get something into upstream
>> Qt. Can you sketch your approach and provisions on some wiki page or
>> elsewhere publicly accessible?
>>
>> I think this would help a lot of people - besides me. :)
>>
>> Best Gröten
>> Sönke
>
> Hi,
>
> It seems that github repo is the most friendly way to commit translations now.
>
> https://github.com/qtproject/qttranslations
>
> 1. Register on github.
> 2. Fork the repo.
> 3. Configure synchronization with the main branch [1].
> 4. Translate.
> 5. Create pull requests (there is a button for this).
>
> Just my guess (never tried to do so). Hope this helps.

No, you can't use pull requests from github (I guess the repository there is
just a clone). You have to go through a review request using gerrit.

The page Albert posted previously:

 contains a link to the Qt Contribution Guidelines:
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-Contribution-Guidelines

See the " Submitting your changes for inclusion into Qt" section.

This explains where to clone from:
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Get_The_Source#ca563080636f20bdea6cfddd4d6c2645

Ciao
--