List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Scripty's third branch and the transition to kf5
From:       Burkhard =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2014-05-03 13:54:09

Am Montag, 28. April 2014, 16:29:40 schrieb Burkhard Lück:

> 2) KDE 4 based development in trunk/l10n-kde4, these translation will become
> kde 4.14 etc.
> This branch will contain all kde modules having a master branch with
> development for kde4.
> The frameworks module is kf5 based and the gui translations will be moved
> soon to the third branch trunk/l10n-kf5
> kde-workspace is kf5 as well and the gui translations will be moved to
> trunk/l10n-kf5. l10n-kde4 will have no kde-workspace any more, because kde-
> workspace has no kde4 based devel branch, only the branch 4.11 tracked by
> scripty in branches/stable/l10n-kde4/.
> The obsolete docmessages + docbooks in kde-workspace will be removed, they
> are completely in stable/l10n-kde4 and only still in trunk/l10n-kde4,
> because I had planned to move them all together into kf5 kde-workspace. But
> that does not work, too many docbooks are moved around into different
> repos, so that has to be done individually for each docbook from
> kde-workspace 4.11 in stable. The translation files in kdelibs from the
> kactvities repo will be removed, kactivities master is already kf5 and the
> translations have already been copied to the frameworks module.

Obsolete docmessages + docbooks in kde-workspace are removed
Gui catalogs for frameworks  + kde-workspace are in l10n-kf5 now

> 3) KF5 translation in trunk/l10n-kf5
> This directory for the kf5 translations so far has only empty language dirs
> and the scripts dir for processing the translations (extraction + merging).
> Not all scripts are fully adapted to kf5 so far, just the basics so we get
> scripty up and running without errors.
> 3a) GUI
> Scripty extracts only messages from frameworks and kde-workspace, other
> repos/modules (konsole, kate, ...) will be added later.
> The gui translation of all languages for frameworks and kde-workspace will
> be moved over from trunk/l10n-kde4, please do not touch trunk/l10n-kf5
> until it is announced on this list or you risk to loose your work.

trunk/l10n-kf5 is ready for the teams, but what about these issues:

> All language dirs have no copy of files in the top language folder and of
> the subdir  data in l10n-kde4 for several reasons:
> * no idea if the files in the language folder are still used, time to
> cleanup? * in subdir data some teams have three autocorrect subdirs in
> kdelibs, koffice and calligra, this should be fixed before copy them over
> * are the installation targets of data files for edu/games correct for kf5?
> * scripts/kdelibs does that work in kf5 like in kde4?

> 3b) Docbooks
> Scripty extracts only docmessages from frameworks. The docmessages will be
> copied over from different repos in l10n-kde4/, but not the language
> docbooks, because they have to be regenerated in kf5 due to the dtd change
> from 4.2 to 4.5 anyway.

docmessage catalogs for frameworks are copied for all langs

> I am going to add docmessage extraction for all docbooks in kde-workspace,
> which reached already their final location, but there are still some 10-15
> kcm docbooks which will probably be moved around.

kde-workspace docbooks are still not processed so far ...

Happy translation in l10n-kf5 :)

Thanks

--
Burkhard Lück