List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Scripty's third branch and the transition to kf5
From:       Burkhard =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2014-04-28 14:29:40

Hi translators,

Scripty just started to process a new translation branch for KDE Frameworks 5
(kf5) and I'd like to explain the purpose of three translation branches and
the transition of translations to kf5.

For some time we will have 3 branches:

1) Stable in branches/stable/l10n-kde4/ with the translation for kde 4.13,
4.14 and probably 4.15 or whatever this will be called.

2) KDE 4 based development in trunk/l10n-kde4, these translation will become
kde 4.14 etc.
This branch will contain all kde modules having a master branch with
development for kde4.
The frameworks module is kf5 based and the gui translations will be moved soon
to the third branch trunk/l10n-kf5
kde-workspace is kf5 as well and the gui translations will be moved to
trunk/l10n-kf5. l10n-kde4 will have no kde-workspace any more, because kde-
workspace has no kde4 based devel branch, only the branch 4.11 tracked by
scripty in branches/stable/l10n-kde4/.
The obsolete docmessages + docbooks in kde-workspace will be removed, they are
completely in stable/l10n-kde4 and only still in trunk/l10n-kde4, because I
had planned to move them all together into kf5 kde-workspace. But that does
not work, too many docbooks are moved around into different repos, so that has
to be done individually for each docbook from kde-workspace 4.11 in stable.
The translation files in kdelibs from the kactvities repo will be removed,
kactivities master is already kf5 and the translations have already been
copied to the frameworks module.

3) KF5 translation in trunk/l10n-kf5
This directory for the kf5 translations so far has only empty language dirs
and the scripts dir for processing the translations (extraction + merging).
Not all scripts are fully adapted to kf5 so far, just the basics so we get
scripty up and running without errors.
3a) GUI
Scripty extracts only messages from frameworks and kde-workspace, other
repos/modules (konsole, kate, ...) will be added later.
The gui translation of all languages for frameworks and kde-workspace will be
moved over from trunk/l10n-kde4, please do not touch trunk/l10n-kf5 until it
is announced on this list or you risk to loose your work.
All language dirs have no copy of files in the top language folder and of the
subdir  data in l10n-kde4 for several reasons:
* no idea if the files in the language folder are still used, time to cleanup?
* in subdir data some teams have three autocorrect subdirs in kdelibs, koffice
and calligra, this should be fixed before copy them over
* are the installation targets of data files for edu/games correct for kf5?
* scripts/kdelibs does that work in kf5 like in kde4?
3b) Docbooks
Scripty extracts only docmessages from frameworks. The docmessages will be
copied over from different repos in l10n-kde4/, but not the language docbooks,
because they have to be regenerated in kf5 due to the dtd change from 4.2 to
4.5 anyway.
I am going to add docmessage extraction for all docbooks in kde-workspace,
which reached already their final location, but there are still some 10-15 kcm
docbooks which will probably be moved around.

We will have no kde-runtime in kf5, most of its content was already moved to
repos in frameworks+kde-workspace.

Do not hesitate to ask, if you have any questions, I am sure I forgot some
infos...

Thanks.

--
Burkhard Lück