List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Should an application uses framework translations if it is not itself translated?
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-04-26 14:16:21

El Divendres, 25 d'abril de 2014, a les 10:47:41, Aurélien Gâteau va escriure:
> Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El Dijous, 24 d'abril de 2014, a les 22:53:34, Aurélien Gâteau va
> >
> > escriure:

> >> Oh, I was not talking about strings from Qt, but strings from frameworks
> >> which uses the Qt translation system.
> >
> > Ah, i see, sorry got confused here.

> >> If it's not in svn, I have to question: does this really happen?
> >
> > I have no clue, as Burkhard says probably not very often.
>
> Given this info, do you think it is safe to drop this constraint (and save a
> few file stats on the way)?

Someone said at the beginning of KF5 that'd it'd be almost source and
behaviour compatible with kdelibs4. That would say keep the behaviour.

OTOH we haven't really kept up to that promise so not changing stuff solely on
that seems like lame.

I personally have no big opinion, can see both good and bad things on it.

Since you're the one doing the job, i'd lean for "do whatever you want".

Cheers,
  Albert