List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    RE: Arabic
From:       M.hanny sabbagh <hannysabbagh () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-07 17:38:28

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

Hello Everybody.
I am Hanny Sabbagh, a member of Arabeyes translation team.
Talking about the Arabic translation for the KDE project that Arabeyes holds, We \
welcome all suggestions about the way we translate, We have a mailing list, an IRC \
channel and a web forum, Arabeyes team is holding the translation process for the \
Unix-like systems since 2001, since then, we have our own standards for the \
translation process which we are using in the Arabic translation for most free \
software applications like Gnome, Xfce, KDE, Linux Mint Software, Ubuntu \
Software..etc. It is not logical to stop working with those standards without any \
reason, if anybody have any objection on the way we translate, he should be \
contacting us first, which is the thing that didn't happen here, nobody ever \
contacted us to discuss the standards we are using which is why i consider what's \
happening here a childish work from an anonymous user. Yes, we are having some \
problems keeping the translation up-to-date due to men power, we are all volunteers \
here, however, this doesn't give anybody the permissions to replace the work we were \
doing all those years. Thank you all for your continues work.regards.