List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    RE: Arabic
From:       <moceap () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-06 20:56:57

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

I'll explain in 24 hour ^_^

> From: aacid@kde.org
> To: kde-i18n-doc@kde.org
> Subject: Re: Arabic
> Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 16:46:01 +0200
>
> El Diumenge, 6 d'abril de 2014, a les 16:14:06, مصعب الزعبي va escriure:
> > You can work with us ::
> > http://kde.locamotion.org/
> > Arab Eyes Team
>
> Can you please answer my concerns about your Pootle usage, specifically
> regarding the "commit access" bits?
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert
>

> > Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 18:46:04 +0200
> > Subject: Arabic
> > From: translations@sphinux.org
> > To: kde-i18n-doc@kde.org
> >
> > Please read the following on care:
> > Over the last few years, there is no Doubt that Arabeyes Team ((The
> > responsible of the Arabic Translation process in unix-like systems)) has
> > been Extremely Lazy. actually what they do is simple, they collect a team
> > of some random completely non-Experienced Volunteers to translate The GUI
> > strings with absolutely no Qualifications or any thing, and they do it ONLY
> > WHEN the Arabic Lang is under the Threat of being Deleted From "K desktop
> > environment" or any other program/app, so, here you have it! they do
> > absolutely nothing more! and as a result: The Arabic Translation % has
> > never been over 50% in kde in the last few years
> > The translation quality is VERY POOR (it takes a native to notice that) with
> > absolutely no Coordination between the Translatirs which results an
> > un-Coordinated GUI with a very very Literal Translation giveing no care for
> > the Cultural barriers.
> > ((e.g Laughing at your self in Arabic means folling your self, walking phone
> > in Arabic means cell phone))
>  sometimes The Translation is The Same English
> > word but in Arabic characters despite the existence of an Arabic
> > Translation
> > ((e.g "offset" in amor is translated as "اوفسيت" which is just the English
> > word but in Arabic characters))
>  The wikipedia Technical team (The
> > responsible of the Arabic computing Articles in wikipedia) which is a part
> > of Arabeyes Team does not Coordinate with the GUI Translation team which
> > also results wrong terms.
> > ((e.g The official translation of KWrite is "كاتب ك" but The wikipedia team
> > made it "كرايت"... and so many others, which makes it impossible it find a
> > lot of Articles becaose of the wrong Name, not to mention The completely
> > outdated info. most of the info are outdated that the latest release info
> > could be two years ago! and the license info in most cases Are wrong)). (i
> > changed/corrected KWrite Article a few weaks ago).
> > they just produce a Ridiculous Translations, it's so FULL OF CRAP That it
> > makes it impossible to understand, besides (again) being unCoordinative,
> > for example in some desktop environments "Widget" is "ودجة" and in some
> > others it's "برنامج مُصغر" and in some others it's "بريمج", all of them
> [...]

[Attachment #3 (text/html)]

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt;
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
From: aacid@kde.org<br>&gt; To: kde-i18n-doc@kde.org<br>&gt; Subject: Re: \
d'abril de 2014, a les 16:14:06, مصعب الزعبي va escriure:<br>&gt; &gt; You can work \
with us ::<br>&gt; &gt; http://kde.locamotion.org/<br>&gt; &gt; Arab Eyes \
Team<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Can you please answer my concerns about your Pootle usage, \
18:46:04 +0200<br>&gt; &gt; Subject: Arabic<br>&gt; &gt; From: \
&gt; Please read the following on care:<br>&gt; &gt; Over the last few years, there \
is no Doubt that Arabeyes Team ((The<br>&gt; &gt; responsible of the Arabic \
Translation process in unix-like systems)) has<br>&gt; &gt; been Extremely Lazy. \
actually what they do is simple, they collect a team<br>&gt; &gt; of some random \
completely non-Experienced Volunteers to translate The GUI<br>&gt; &gt; strings with \
absolutely no Qualifications or any thing, and they do it ONLY<br>&gt; &gt; WHEN the \
Arabic Lang is under the Threat of being Deleted From "K desktop<br>&gt; &gt; \
environment" or any other program/app, so, here you have it! they do<br>&gt; &gt; \
absolutely nothing more! and as a result: The Arabic Translation % has<br>&gt; &gt; \
never been over 50% in kde in the last few years <br>&gt; &gt; The translation \
quality is VERY POOR (it takes a native to notice that) with<br>&gt; &gt; absolutely \
no Coordination between the Translatirs which results an<br>&gt; &gt; un-Coordinated \
GUI with a very very Literal Translation giveing no care for<br>&gt; &gt; the \
Cultural barriers. <br>&gt; &gt; ((e.g Laughing at your self in Arabic means folling \
your self, walking phone<br>&gt; &gt; in Arabic means cell phone))<br>&gt;  sometimes \
The Translation is The Same English<br>&gt; &gt; word but in Arabic characters \
despite the existence of an Arabic<br>&gt; &gt; Translation <br>&gt; &gt; ((e.g \
"offset" in amor is translated as "اوفسيت" which is just the English<br>&gt; &gt; \
word but in Arabic characters))<br>&gt;  The wikipedia Technical team (The<br>&gt; \
&gt; responsible of the Arabic computing Articles in wikipedia) which is a \
part<br>&gt; &gt; of Arabeyes Team does not Coordinate with the GUI Translation team \
which<br>&gt; &gt; also results wrong terms. <br>&gt; &gt; ((e.g The official \
translation of KWrite is "كاتب ك" but The wikipedia team<br>&gt; &gt; made it \
"كرايت"... and so many others, which makes it impossible it find a<br>&gt; &gt; lot \
of Articles becaose of the wrong Name, not to mention The completely<br>&gt; &gt; \
outdated info. most of the info are outdated that the latest release info<br>&gt; \
&gt; could be two years ago! and the license info in most cases Are wrong)). \
(i<br>&gt; &gt; changed/corrected KWrite Article a few weaks ago). <br>&gt; &gt; they \
just produce a Ridiculous Translations, it's so FULL OF CRAP That it<br>&gt; &gt; \
makes it impossible to understand, besides (again) being unCoordinative,<br>&gt; &gt; \
for example in some desktop environments "Widget" is "ودجة" and in some<br>&gt; &gt; \
others it's "برنامج مُصغر" and in some others it's "بريمج", all of them<br>&gt; &gt; \
have a different meaning. <br>&gt; &gt; ArabEyes team has translated almost None in \
the last few years, And i mean<br>&gt; &gt; that Literally, None of them gives a damn \
any more about Arabic<br>&gt; &gt; Translations ((it takes a native to know that)) \
it's now just a dead team,<br>&gt; &gt; in fact 80% of Translations in any open \
source program/app in the last few<br>&gt; &gt; years is NOT MADE BY THEM. it wasn't \
thet way when they first created the<br>&gt; &gt; team, but it is now. they counting \
on an outdated Technical Dictionary with<br>&gt; &gt; a lots and lots of wrong terms \
and translations. <br>&gt; &gt; the latest Statistical made by linux2day blog Proves \
that KDE is the most<br>&gt; &gt; used environment in the middle east and the great \
becouse of all The Above, i politely ask to be given The Arabic<br>&gt; &gt; \
translation permissions.perhaps, if not Convinced yet, you could at least<br>&gt; \
&gt; give us the translation permissions besides ArabEyes until we prove we<br>&gt; \
&gt; worthy of? <br>&gt; &gt; sorry for any Grammatical/Writing mistakes, English is \
not my native.<br>&gt; &gt; SphinUX Free-Technology CommunityAlexandria, \