List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Arabic Translation of KDE has Pootle
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-04-01 23:40:24

El Dimarts, 1 d'abril de 2014, a les 12:18:15, ابراهیم محمدی va escriure:
> Subversion isn't a translation tool. OTOH I think Pootle is able to work in
> sync with a Subversion repository.
>
> If you mean you are against considering Pootle as the default translation
> tool of KDE, it's OK IMHO. However each localization team may choose their
> default tool. And my experience with Pootle tells me it's a very powerful
> and convenient tool lowering the barrier of getting more people involved in
> software translation projects.

You can use whatever you want to translate stuff, but take into account that:
 * The official translation is what is on KDE svn servers
 * You can't share your SVN account with anyone

If instead of people sending you emails with translations and then you
manually commiting them, you want to self-inflict yourself the pain of running
a Pootle server and then you manually commiting the translations, sure feel
free.

Cheers,
  Albert