List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: State of en_GB (was Re: Clean up of Kooka translations)
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jr () jriddell ! org>
Date:       2013-11-15 9:08:57

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 08:04:44PM +0000, Jonathan Marten wrote:
> I hadn't considered the proofreading aspect of the en_GB work, but it is
> definitely a good idea - there are some strings that I've noticed that don't
> look right even in worldwide English.  How does the process work? - do we have
> carte blanche to jump in and change these wherever they may appear, or via the
> normal bug/review process?

If it's clearly an improvement you can just commit the change, if it's
at all controvertial it's best to ask a maintainer of the application
and if KDE is in a string freeze (see schedule on techbase) then you
need to write it down somewhere and fix it later.

> I could certainly help out (what time permits) with any en_GB work that is
> needed, so I will join the mailing list and keep an eye on it.  If there is a
> published list of tasks or areas that are intended to be addressed, then of
> course I will follow that.  Your mailing list not being @kde.org confused me,
> I had assumed that there must be one for en_GB but was not sure where to find
> it!

The list of tasks is just the list of untranslated strings.

Good luck with it

Jonathan