List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    What translators see
From:       Lasse Liehu <lasse.liehu () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-07-18 14:47:14

Hi,

so some developer talked to me and said that he doesn't see what
translators see because everything is apparent to him by reading the
source code. So I thought that it could perhaps be useful to have a
page on TechBase that describes the pieces of information that are
extracted from messages and that are shown to translators.

A draft of that is there:
http://techbase.kde.org/User:Lliehu/What_Translators_See

I can move it to somewhere sane if we think it's useful. I'm not that
sure if it is, because, as Luigi already said when I talked to him
about this, the developers can always just look at the template (pot)
files.

Though would it then be useful to mention that as a tip for developers
somewhere?

Cheers,
Lasse