List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translation verification: using diffs
From:       Dashamir Hoxha <dashohoxha () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-05-29 16:37:52

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Freek de Kruijf <f.de.kruijf@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use a different approach. I do a daily svn update. When I get a new version
> of a po file from a translator of which I know that this new po file could be
> based upon an older po file, I simply rename the po file to
[ . . . . .]

I have a question for the experts of gettext tools, pology, lokalize, KDE l10n
lifecycle, etc. Regarding the approach that I described (using the sync/merge
features of Lokalize). It seems simple and intuitive to me, and it can be used
for any kind of .po files (not only for KDE).

But I would also like to know when are the cases that it can fail, and how
it can fail. Knowing these cases can be useful for deciding whether to use it
or not in certain situations, when to use it and when not.

To me it seems that it would work correctly in all the cases, but I am not that
much expert in translations, I am not very familiar with the details of KDE
translation process, and more importantly I have not actually tried it on KDE
(I have only tried it with other .po files).

Regards,
Dashamir