List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translation Methods comparsion
From:       Chao Feng <rainofchaos () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-03-31 6:11:35

在 2013年3月22日 星期五 08:04:20,Sveinn í Felli 写道:
> > This has the chance to lead to an awkward situation - multiple
> > translation tools hosted outside of the project infrastructure or, out
> > of accountability of the project infrastructure stakeholders,
> > committing translations for the same locale/language. Handling mid-air
> > conflicts becomes very important. For what it is worth, it perhaps a
> > good way for a project to document a single method and provide
> > guidance on optional ones.

Yes, we can try out any solution first. Then compare and decide on just one
left to be the web translation method of KDE.

The zh_CN team setup a Transifex for KDE years ago. But it is put down in a
short time. The new users involved is growing much slower than anticipated.
Most of translations is still get in through lokalize/po. So at least in the
beginning, the effort spend in maintain Transifex is heigher than the benefit.

KDE need a web translation method. But the effort needed is large. So it
should be centrally maintained by KDE team for all languages instead of a
translation team.

Feng Chao