List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translating KDE with Translatewiki
From:       Anne Wilson <annew () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-03-16 19:17:28

On 16/03/13 16:41, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> You do know, of course, that the Translate extension does allow
> for offline translation, using Lokalize or similar, then importing
> the translations?
>
> I don't appreciate Albert's tone in his reply
>
>> I don't appreciate that people work on an i18n solution without
>> discussing it with the list.

The Translate extension that was mentioned is a wiki extension.  You
and I spoke 2 (or is it 3?) years ago about that fact that to be
useful in your eyes for anything more than the wikis, it would have to
be necessary to be able to export messages without using a web
browser.  At that time I obtained information about the API and
pointed you to it.  You said you didn't have time to look at it at
that time, and I have heard nothing since.  It is therefore not
unreasonable to believe that you have no interest in its development.

> , but if there is an interest in knowing whether the extension can
> be valuable to you, why not pop in to #kde-www and talk about it?
>
>> And you are discussing translations in #kde-www instead of
>> #kde-i18n because?

Because it is a wiki extension, and we are concerned with wiki
translations.  If someone wants detailed information about how it
works, people who can give that information are usually available on
the channel.  If someone does require such information and finds it
potentially useful, then it would be sensible to bring it to the
attention of the i18n team.

Anne