List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Turkish Translations
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-01-22 18:53:40

El Dimarts, 22 de gener de 2013, a les 18:07:46, Volkan Gezer va escriure:
> Hello,

Hi

> Today, I received an e-mail from Serdar Soytetir. He told me that, the list
> is down.
>
> So probably, you can create an internal mailing list for kde-tr.
>
> He also added that unfortunately there is no team currently for the
> translations.
>
> So probably, we need to work on it to create new team for Turkish
> translations,

Makes sense, you will need a kde commiter account

As test for getting a coommited account for translators we
ask them to translate kdelibs4.po to 90% or more,
but since that is already done for Turkish i'll ask you to
translate libincidenceeditors.po to 95% or more and then sent it to me,
you can find it at
http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/l10n-kde4/tr/messages/kdepim/libincidenceeditors.po

> but I wonder if we start now or after discussions of using a
> webbased translation service which is more simpler.

Don't get offended, but we have discussed webbased translation services a lot in this list,
and the agreement is that they are worse than what we have. So it's not not going to happen.

> Translators will be
> more likely to see their translations online rather than sending them to
> the team coordinators and they will be more willing to translate.
>
> The third thing is, I applied for translation account in userbase and
> techbase.kde.org but haven't got a notification yet. Can someone enable my
> translation account?

The wiki guys handle that, have a little patience otherwise
you can always mail Anne Wilson i guess.

Cheers,
  Albert