List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE SC 4.10 moved to stable, trunk is for master/4.11
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2013-01-08 16:39:30

On Tuesday 08 of January 2013 17:28:30 R33D3M33R wrote:
> Hello, thank you for your answer. So if I understood this correctly:
> -the extragear po/pot files in current stable 4.10 were imported from
> previous stable e.g. 4.9 or 4.8 or 4.7 ...
> -all the others don't have a stable branch at all - therefore they are only
> present in trunk

Almost, but I have to clarify one point, and I understand it can be a bit
confusing: there is no "current stable 4.10".

We have a stable and a trunk branch for translations. All projects uses trunk
for translations, as you noted; some projects uses also the stable branch, but
the meaning of "stable" depends on the project.

- For programs which belongs to KDE SC, stable branch means the last stable
KDE SC release (from yesterday, 4.10).
- For other programs, it depends. For example, right now the stable branch for
calligra points to 2.5 while trunk points to 2.6, but this will change in the
next days (with the release of 2.6). And so on, depending on the schedule of
that project.

So "stable" means "the stable version for that projects", not "SC
4.8/4.9/4.10/4.x".

Ciao
--
Luigi