List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE SC 4.10 moved to stable, trunk is for master/4.11
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2013-01-08 16:09:16

On Tuesday 08 of January 2013 16:53:48 R33D3M33R wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there is a thing that bothers me. If you look at sl/extragear-* (I've been
> translating this for most of the time) you can see that the trunk is better
> translated than stable. Example:
>
> http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable-kde4/team/sl/extragear-office/
> http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kde4/team/sl/extragear-office/
>
> If you forked trunk into stable, where did the translations go?
> Does this mean I'll have to manually copy all translations from trunk to
> stable?

extragear-office is not part of KDE SC, of course, so it was not included in
this change,

The answer to your question is: it depends. Not all the projects outside KDE
SC mantain a stable branch, so it depends on the release schedule of the
stable version of the program you are translating (kile, kmymoney, skrooge or
tellico in this case). Ask the developers of those applications (and please
update the relevant techbase page :) to know if they will release again from
the stable branch. If not, you don't need to copy the translations for that
program to stable (as they won't be used).
More than "copy", I would suggest to use msgmerge with both the trunk and
stable translations as source. Or change the workflow and use KDE Summit, as
suggested in this thread.

Ciao
--
Luigi