List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: backwards compatibility for docbook entities
From:       Freek de Kruijf <f.de.kruijf () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-12-23 12:04:51

Op zaterdag 22 december 2012 17:05:39 schreef Robby Stephenson:
> Freek de Kruijf wrote:
> > In my view, you should back port the files with these entities from a
> > higher version of KDE. AFAIK there are only additions to the entities and
> > some may have changed values (i.e. a new email address).
>
> So you're saying that the updated nl/user.entities file should be
> backported to older versions of KDE, like 4.5 or 4.6? But those are no
> longer being released so it doesn't really fix the issue.

Above you mention to have a problem with compiling in an older version. But
when you copy the file with the new entities from a higher version in that
system, you can do the compileing without an error. It is some effort, but it
can be done.

You do not mention that the compiled version gives problems when distributed.
If that is the case than you have a real problem. So is this the problem? If
so, can you distribute it together with the newer version?

> Is there any conditional check I could put in Tellico such that recent
> docbook entities don't cause a compilation failure? Perhaps I copy the
> entities into a custom file that somehow only gets included in the
> docbook generation for older KDE versions. I just don't know how to do that.

You don't need to answer it, but why do you still want to use this older
version of KDE?

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf