List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: QML Gettext extraction
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-10-21 21:30:20

El Diumenge, 21 d'octubre de 2012, a les 22:49:57, Adrián Chaves Fernández va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> I've read over and over searching the Internet how this is supposed to
> actually work:
>
> [gallaecio@afonsox l10n]$ cat ../ui/menu/column/Column.qml | grep "i18n"
>             text: i18n("Fool's Mate")
>                 label: i18n("Campaign")
>                 label: i18n("Settings")
>                 label: i18n("Exit")
>             text: i18n("0.0.0.1")
> [gallaecio@afonsox l10n]$ xgettext ../ui/menu/column/Column.qml --from-
> code=UTF-8 -L java -o test.pot
> [gallaecio@afonsox l10n]$ cat test.pot
> cat: test.pot: No such file or directory
>
> Any suggestion why it does not?

Because you're doing it wrong.

You need to tell xgettext which keywords to extract (why would it extract
i18n?)

But you'd still be doing it wrong if you do specify the keywords for a project
hosted in kde infrastructure, you're supposed to just use $XGETTEXT or
$XGETTEXT_FLAGS in your Messages.sh

Cheers,
  Albert