List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Kstars and akonadi - few comments
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2012-10-15 7:55:37

Hi,

написане Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:38:46 +0300, Vít Pelčák <vit@pelcak.org>:

> Hello.
>
> I spotted, that there are more than few new strings in Kstars.
>
> I don't know much about string freeze rules, but probably these do not
> apply here as it iks in trunk, right?

Right. Release schedule [1] tells:

Thursday, November 8, 2012: KDE SC 4.10 Soft Message Freeze

So expect more new strings to appear (KTouch and other applications that
for some reason are developed in branches).

> In regards of those new strings, would it be possible to add comment,
> which woluld be better explaining than "string from libindi, used in
> the config dialog".

It was made to distinguish these strings on INDI COntrol Panel from the
other strings of KStars. If there are unclear strings just ask...

> It is not the case of english, but there are languages, where context
> matter a lot uin a way how word is written and not everyone can be
> running latest devel version of kstars to test each string on it.

These strings where here for ages (see screenshot from KDE 3 on libindi
page [2]). Thanks to Albert and Jasem we can translate them now. Just ask
if something is wrong.

> Also, I spotted, that there is incorrect string:
> North/Sounth

Reported and fixed by Jasem. Please update your po.

> There are also used strings like "sec" and "msec"
>
> Temperature K -> Temperature (K)

You can report them as bugs (imho it's not a bug for technical string) in
libindi tracker [3].

> Rest seems to be OK.

To be honest, they were not OK, but now they are much closer to OK. ;)

> In file akonadi_maildispatcher_agent.po I spotted weird sentence:
>
> "Your E-Mail has successfully been sent."
>
> That doesn't sound right to me. Is it correct?
>
> I'd use sentence:
> "Your E-Mail has been sent successfully."
>
> Buty I am not native speaker.

Fixed. Thanks.

> Have a nice day.

Best regards,