List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Generating the documentation from docmessages/nl/kdepim/blogilo.po gives warnings
From:       Freek de Kruijf <f.de.kruijf () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-07-23 14:25:19

Op zondag 22 juli 2012 21:34:31 schreef u:
> Op maandag 9 juli 2012 17:24:33 schreef u:
> > When generating the docbook for blogilo in kdepim in KDE 4.8.4 using
> > "scripts/update_xml nl kdepim blogilo", I got a lot of warnings like:
> >
> > No context named "title" exists in the "nl" localization.
> > No template for "/book/chapter/sect1/refentry" (or any of its leaves)
> > exists No context named "title-unnumbered" exists in the "nl"
> > localization. No "nl" localization of "nav-prev" exists; using "en".
> >
> > Searching for title-unnumbered in
> > /usr/share/kde4/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/xsl/*
> >
> > shows this string is available in nds.xml, nn.xml and a few more. So is
> > the
> > string "nav-prev". The last one is _not_ present in en.xml or anywhere
> > else
> > in a file with "en", which seems to contradict the last warning message
> > shown above. Looking at the differences between nl.xml and en.xml, the
> > number of lines is almost the same. Looking at the difference between
> > nl.xml and nds.xml, the last one is rather large and I wonder where it is
> > maintained and why it so much larger.
> >
> > What should I do to get rid of these warnings. Should I update the nl.xml
> > in the git repository for kdelibs, as these files seem to come from there
> > and how? I can use nds.xml as some kind of template, I hope.
> >
> > The strange thing is that the generated docbook in another version of KDE
> > does not give these warnings, but the docbook itself is not changed.
>
> I found the reason for this behaviour. It is the function check_xml in the
> script. In this script the command /usr/bin/meinproc4 --check --stdout
> nl/docmessages/kdegames/../../docs/<path to index.docbook> is given twice.
> The file in the command is the newly generated docbook file. The first time
> the command is given with "> /dev/null" behind it. When the returncode is
> not OK, so there are error, it is given the second time without redirecting
> the output to /dev/null. This is to list the errors. This command is only
> given when "svn status" on this file indicates that something has changed.
> This explains why using update_xml on a file to generate a index.docbook
> and the docbook already exists, there are no messages. This is because "svn
> status" on this file does not return anything and the meinproc4 check is
> skipped.
> However when you "svn del" the index.book file you are generating the check
> will occur and you got a lot of warnings from the mainproc4 command to the
> stderr, which is not send to /dev/null. Still the returncode from meinproc4
> is OK, so the second call of meinproc4 is skipped.
>
> Currently I don't know why update_xml behaves differently in KDE 4.6. It
> could be that meinproc4 in KDE 4.6 does not send anything to stderr. If
> that is the case, the string " 2>&1" should be added behind " > /dev/null".

Checked in KDE 4.6, the meinproc4 command does not send anything to stderr
using the same command as above. So as a first workaround adding " 2>&1"
behind " > /dev/null" is a solution. But maybe .../xsl/<langcode>.xml needs
improvements like those that are in
kdelibs/kdoctools/customization/xsl/nds.xsl and others.

Any ideas?

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf