List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Generating the documentation from docmessages/nl/kdepim/blogilo.po gives warnings
From:       Freek de Kruijf <f.de.kruijf () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-07-23 0:34:31

Op maandag 9 juli 2012 17:24:33 schreef u:
> When generating the docbook for blogilo in kdepim in KDE 4.8.4 using
> "scripts/update_xml nl kdepim blogilo", I got a lot of warnings like:
>
> No context named "title" exists in the "nl" localization.
> No template for "/book/chapter/sect1/refentry" (or any of its leaves) exists
> No context named "title-unnumbered" exists in the "nl" localization. No
> "nl" localization of "nav-prev" exists; using "en".
>
> Searching for title-unnumbered in
> /usr/share/kde4/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/xsl/*
>
> shows this string is available in nds.xml, nn.xml and a few more. So is the
> string "nav-prev". The last one is _not_ present in en.xml or anywhere else
> in a file with "en", which seems to contradict the last warning message
> shown above. Looking at the differences between nl.xml and en.xml, the
> number of lines is almost the same. Looking at the difference between
> nl.xml and nds.xml, the last one is rather large and I wonder where it is
> maintained and why it so much larger.
>
> What should I do to get rid of these warnings. Should I update the nl.xml in
> the git repository for kdelibs, as these files seem to come from there and
> how? I can use nds.xml as some kind of template, I hope.
>
> The strange thing is that the generated docbook in another version of KDE
> does not give these warnings, but the docbook itself is not changed.

I found the reason for this behaviour. It is the function check_xml in the
script. In this script the command /usr/bin/meinproc4 --check --stdout
nl/docmessages/kdegames/../../docs/<path to index.docbook> is given twice. The
file in the command is the newly generated docbook file. The first time the
command is given with "> /dev/null" behind it. When the returncode is not OK,
so there are error, it is given the second time without redirecting the output
to /dev/null. This is to list the errors. This command is only given when "svn
status" on this file indicates that something has changed. This explains why
using update_xml on a file to generate a index.docbook and the docbook already
exists, there are no messages. This is because "svn status" on this file does
not return anything and the meinproc4 check is skipped.
However when you "svn del" the index.book file you are generating the check
will occur and you got a lot of warnings from the mainproc4 command to the
stderr, which is not send to /dev/null. Still the returncode from meinproc4 is
OK, so the second call of meinproc4 is skipped.

Currently I don't know why update_xml behaves differently in KDE 4.6. It could
be that meinproc4 in KDE 4.6 does not send anything to stderr. If that is the
case, the string " 2>&1" should be added behind " > /dev/null".

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf