List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: String review
From:       Burkhard =?utf-8?q?L=C3=BCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2012-05-19 16:24:42

Am Samstag, 19. Mai 2012, 17:40:06 schrieb Frederik Schwarzer:
[...]
> 1) A commit keyword.
>    The programmer would have to decide actively whether he wants
>    a string review or not. While that sounds fine on paper, I
>    guess that history shows, this is hardly working (GUI anyone?).
> 2) A commit hook.
>    This would have to extract all i18n*() calls from all commits,
>    compare them before and after and then send a mail to some
>    mailinglist.

According to the daily mails in my commit filter this works already without
keyword/hook, thanks a lot Yuri.
Your fixes save all translators a lot of time.

But to be serious, we already have a kind of "commit hook", scripty's daily
commits.
Thy hold all changed and added translations, we only need to have the full log
with all changes and added templates logged in git style, not in svn style.

Ideally that logs would go to a mailing list with native englisch speakers and
interested translators.

--
Burkhard Lück