List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: trunk kdepim backupmail.pot
From:       Kevin Krammer <krammer () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-05-13 13:40:35

On Friday, 2012-05-11, Freek de Kruijf wrote:
> On vrijdag 11 mei 2012 20:09:15 Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> > написане Fri, 11 May 2012 15:12:20 +0300, Freek de Kruijf
> >
> > <f.de.kruijf@gmail.com>:
> > > Message # 44 reads:
> > >
> > > emailidentitied file not found in archive.
> > >
> > > I assume this should be something like:
> > >
> > > File with email identities not found in archive.
> >
> > The code:
> >
> > if(!mFileList.contains(QLatin1String("emailidentities"))) {
> >
> >      Q_EMIT error(i18n("emailidentitied file not found in archive."));
> >      return;
> >
> >    }
> >
> > Can it be enough to replace "emailidentitied" with "emailidentities"?
>
> I consider the current error message bad English. At least it should be:
>
> Email identities file not found in archive.
>
> In English you write email and identities as separate words.

While this if of course true, the intent here is most likely to specify that
the file "emailidentites" wasn't found.

I.e. in terms of kuit markup something like

i18n( "Could not find file <filename>emailidentities<filename> in archive.")

The question is whether this level of details is necessary.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring