List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: <p/> tags in KDE messages tags in KDE messages
From:       Frederik Schwarzer <schwarzer () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-05-13 11:53:01

Am Sonntag, 13. Mai 2012, 13:24:43 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El Dijous, 10 de maig de 2012, a les 08:53:08, Yuri Chornoivan va
escriure:
> > Hi!
> >
> > KDE messages contain three occurrences of <p/>:
> >
> > extragear-sysadmin/muon-discover
> > kdemultimedia/juk
> > kde-runtime/kurifilter (added today)
> >
> > Is this a legitimate tag when used without <p></p> tags for
> > paragraphs?
>
> The Qt text layouting system seems to understand it, so should be
> fine.

From the XHTML specs:
"Given an empty instance of an element whose content model is not
EMPTY (for example, an empty title or paragraph) do not use the
-- http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/

That's from the compatibilities section so I guess it's advice to not
confuse old browsers in SGML mode? Not sure. However, having a <p></p>
to mark a new paragraph is semantically questionable.

Regards